Sunday, January 30, 2011

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

I’ve put off a very important project just so I could finish this book tonight. BUT, again… I am glad. Time was way better spent finishing it up than planning for my future in a 6 page project. So yeah. I’m happy with everything right now, besides the fact that I won’t be able to put it off after this is written and published. But you know, whatever.

  They’re all around us, all the time. Invisible to every mortal, except for Aislinn – and any rare others who have the Sight. The fey. Cruel, dangerous, and utterly beautiful, Aislinn knows what will happen if she catches their attention, as well as break the other rules her Gram made to keep them safe. But as more and more fey set unsettling eyes on her, Aislinn slowly gets caught up in the world of battling faery courts, and a little game involving seduction and reckless risk taking. Aislinn finds herself pushed towards a choice. A choice between a life in despair or cold finish, with death on either side.

I bought this book around the time it came out, on the recommendation of a friend, and I can’t believe I put of reading it until now! It was completely different then I expected and it met my standards for a good book. (Meaning just right amount of romance and fantasy.) My stomach fluttered at some of the more romantic parts because of how well things were described, it made me imagine the scene perfectly and I loved it. Maybe it was my mood, but holy crap.

Another reason this novel was so enjoyable was the characters. I loved all four of the main characters with all my heart, and even the villain played a perfect part. The way every one of them fit together in some way was so fun to think about. I admired the girls, and I wanted to marry both of the guys by the end. It was just great!

Just as every good book does, this one ends with a nice twist but also ties everything up, a great transition to the next book I would say. It’s on my shelf waiting for me, and I don’t know if I can wait. Really liked this book, and hopefully I’ll love the next one too. 4 out of 5.4

Check out her website, she’s actually written quite a lot of other things besides just this faery series. http://www.melissa-marr.com/index.html

Later Cheese Graters,

MRR

2 comments:

  1. I really really loved this one! This series is one of my absolute favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have the second one in my book pile. I can't wait to start it!

    ReplyDelete