Wednesday, February 16, 2011

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

SO. I understand that this is just a tad late… but I have spend the last week with a program called Encounters with Canada and I was in Ottawa for a week in the Terry Fox Center, along with 130 other people from all over Canada. But yeah, it’s been busy and I’ve been trying to catch up with stuff so that is what’s happening. >:)

After the being shoved into a world of demons and other downworlders, Clary is dealing with things surprisingly well considering everything that is going on around her. But as Valentine’s plan starts to become clearer, and important people in the Clave can’t be trusted to follow the law, bad things start to happen one after the other – and something has to be done. While Jace is deciding who’s side he’s on, and Simon is going through a transformation that will change his whole life, Clary is still trying to find a way to wake up her mother – and make sure to defeat Valentine once and for all.

I have to say a few thing about this book. I really enjoyed it, and I love this one just like I loved the first one, but that comes with some of the same problems. I remember last time saying things about how it was a little bit too full of descriptions and that sort of thing… well the writing style didn’t really improve for this book. I kept on getting distracted because of the amount of describing that was going on – especially in the actions scenes.

I don’t know… it might be because I was tired and just reading this book because I had nothing better to do, but I felt like the plot didn’t really develop all that much. I mean, it was interesting and engaging but almost just a middle sort of thing before the next book (which is pretty much what it was.) But still… I don’t know.

There was one thing that I have always loved about the first book that continued onto this one. Which was the constant romance problems going on between the characters… I think that was the root of my interest level, because honestly, there was parts in that book that were just amazing to read.

Amazing novel, amazing series, AS ALWAYS. Don’t mind my grump.4

Yeah, I was going to put 3.5 but I settled for 4. Open-mouthed smile So, here is the website as usual. http://cassandraclare.com/cms/home

LATER CHEESE GRATERS,

MRR

2 comments:

  1. im a total fan of the series... and a newbie blogger as well... havent had time to write about this series as i just started my site... hope you can link me up... dletterword.blogspot.com ... cant wait for city of fallen angels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read City of Glass, but I love the series to. I can give you links to a couple of other book review sites if you want. Just let me know, you can pop me an email or just comment back on here.

    ReplyDelete