Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard

Hello kiddies.

Oh boy that was kind of creepy. Well, on the topic of my normally weird opening sentences, I would like to say that I enjoyed this book, and I also have some trivia on it because I know that I can get somewhat boring sometimes. I am sure that most of you know, there is a TV show that is being aired in about 6 days, (which is exciting) but the idea of this book was actually supposed to be a TV show at first, but then they got Sara Shepard to write it in a book series. Interesting right? It was supposed to be a sort of ‘Desperate Housewives’ but instead with teenagers. Huh. Anywho, I shall get on with this ‘report’ and at my nice little picture, okay?

9780060887322

 Spencer, Emily, Aria, and Hanna all have secrets, all of which they have trusted in their closest friend Alison. When Ali suddenly goes missing, the girls can’t help but feel a bit relieved – at least their secrets were safe. But years later, when their lives are different and they are separated, the girls receive taunting messages signed by a mysterious ‘A’.

Was it another practical joke, or is Alison still alive? And worse – was she going to tell their deepest secrets, to everybody they were trying to hide them from?

The voice the author had in this book was very fun, and made the book a delight to read. This novel isn’t different from any other mystery with creepy notes and emails being sent to teenage girls, but some how that makes it much easier to read, and a little more fun. This was only the first book in the series, and I was already trying to guess who ‘A’ was, even though I know the ‘A’ will probably change throughout the series, just to make everything more confusing you know?

As a teenager myself, I could relate to most of the problems that the girls were facing, because this book doesn’t only talk about the disappearance of Alison, but also about what teenage girls go through, with their families, friends, and partners. I think that any teenage girl could relate to one quality from one of the girls, and it’s sort of comforting when you know that they go through the same sort of things too, no matter how much more extreme things are.

I don’t usually like books where all the characters are doing different things, and each chapter was about a different one of them, but I thought that the way that things were written really helped, and the way that they were previously friends contributed too.

I will give this book, a 4.  4 Star Rating_thumb[1]

Alright, I’m already on my next book, so a new review should be coming sometime soon, (hopefully). After that, it’s mostly second books in series, so yeah – too bad for you. >:]

Chow for now,

MRR

No comments:

Post a Comment