Sunday, March 20, 2011

Soulstice by Simon Holt

Spring break everybody! I’m not going to feel like it’s actually the break until I wake up on Monday morning realize that I don’t have to go to school. I’m so glad that we have two weeks this year, and that I’m staying at home. I love just being able to sleep in a laze around, go out at random times and get things done. Plus, LOT’S OF READING TIME. Which is slightly exciting for moi.

It has been six long months since Reggie learned and had her first terrifying encounter with the Vours. After freeing her brother Henry from the Vour inside of him, and gaining the power to enter other people’s fearscapes and save their souls from these evil creatures, Reggie finds that she’s caught up once again the horrors of the Vours. With so much going on, it’s hard to know if you’re trusting the right person, but the Vours were up to something, and Reggie will do anything in her power to stop them – no matter how high the stakes are.

 

Everybody knows that one you are in love with a book and when you know the sequel is going to come out, that you want to read the next book so badly, but it usually doesn’t turn out as good as the first one. Well it was the opposite with this book. I thought that Book 2 in The Devouring sequel was SO MUCH BETTER than the first. Maybe it was just my mood, but seriously. I enjoyed reading this book so much.

I think I remember ranting on about how there was a bit too much description used in the writing, but while I was reading Soulstice I just ate it all up. This was an amazing horror book to read, and it captivated me all the way through to the very last page, unlike the first book in the series.

There were some parts where it was really easy to tell what was going to happen next, and the author must of realized because he found ways to mix it all up. The plotline was a more interesting and thick, I found that because we had the background story of what happened in the first book, and we had this amazing terrible horrific idea of events going on in this one – it made everything so much better!!!

AND THEN THERE IS THE END. The very end. I probably should have expected that it would happen but OMG. I think I have a fear of going insane and people strapping me down, so that just freaked me out. But it was amazing all the same, and I applaud Simon Holt for this work of ART.

4.5. Hmm. Must be in a damn good mood.4.5

Website as usual everybody, http://www.thedevouring.com/about-the-book/ The Third book is out now, I’m curious about how good it will be judging from The Devouring and Soulstice

On another note, I would like to say a congratulations to myself and my 4 lovely followers, (three of which are probably unactive. But that’s okay, because it makes me look popular.). Around this time of the month a year ago, I was doing my first review on here, for the first book in this series. HAPPY ONE YEAR FOR INSUBSTANTIAL YAYYAYAAYYAYAYA.

Read now, party later,

I’m a nerd sometimes,

but that’s okay,

MRR

No comments:

Post a Comment