Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bounce by Natasha Friend

This one was an easy one, and I’m pretty sure that I bought it in Grade 7. But that’s alright, because i finally got to reading it so no big deal. Another busy week, another book read! Voila.

After living in Maine with just dorky brother, and her pretty awesome dad – Birdie – for pretty much all of her 13 years, Evyn is not ready to change anything, anytime soon. But before she knows it, Evyn is enrolled in a new school in Boston, sharing a room with two crazy twin ‘sisters’, and there is nothing in the world she can do about it. Evyn had had it all in her old city, and now she has to deal with everything and everybody in her life changing for what seems like the worst. She knows that she’s supposed to just bounce along with the changes, but what if she can’t?

 

I bought this book a long time ago, and I sort of wish right now that I read it back when I bought it, because it wasn’t that great to read at the age I am now. This book is of course a really easy read, and I just want to finish it because it was in my book pile and it is short. But I wouldn’t really suggest it for most teens… just saying.

There were some points were I could really relate to Evyn and what she was going through, but most of what was happening in the book and how Evyn was taking it pissed me off. I kept on thinking things that can only come from the opinion of somebody older. Which was sort of bothersome if you know what I mean.

The idea is really good though, as are most of Friend’s novel plotlines. It focuses on the problems of a tween girl who is having the normal problems that a teen girl goes through. Yay.

I probably made this book sound extremely horrible. Open-mouthed smile Yay.2

This is not really a young adult sort of thing, but whatever. You know the dealio. http://www.natashafriend.com/ . This book isn’t that bad. Until next week…

Later Cheese Graters,

MRR

No comments:

Post a Comment