Sunday, March 27, 2011

Daniel X: Watch the Skies by James Patterson

Hooray for Spring Break! Now I’m almost done the first week. I’ve had tons of sleepovers and today I’m going to the mall to buy the tons of presents I’m going to need for the tons of birthday parties next week! God things cost to much money. XD GET OUT OF SPRING BREAK BIRTHDAYS. Jeez.

 Lately there hasn’t been even a little break in between the exterminations, and Daniel has to face his biggest enemy yet, an Alien that is in single digits on the wanted List. Number 5. Extremely powerful, and very intelligent, Daniel is going to have to put all his strength and powers into making sure that Number 5 doesn’t go through with his ‘endertainment’. The whole town of Hollisworth is in danger of being vaporized, and are completely cut off from the rest of the world. If Daniel fails and Number 5’s plan succeeds, the world will be taken over within a matter of months.

I don’t remember what I said when I reviewed the first book in this series, but it was probably close to what I’m saying now, Even though this book was interesting, and I like the idea behind it and the alien – alien hunter deal I just am not feeling wowed by this series.

The chapters are only a couple pages long usually, and the story line for each book isn’t that great. I think that the first one was a little bit better than this one, but I think these books are just a way to get a little extra money. Then again, they’re a nice easy read, and again I like the whole defeating aliens thing, but this book is for more of a younger teenage, or a lower reading level I guess.

I really don’t know what else to say about this book, I still enjoyed it, and I thought that the parts where he was with Judy interesting, but it didn’t have the same sort of dangerous feeling that it had in the first one, I mean, it just wasn’t as exciting. I don’t know if it was because of the new co –author or because this is just a dying series, but still.

Anyway, lets just call this one a 2.5

2.5

Websito, http://www.jamespatterson.com/books_daniel_x.php. There is a manga thing now instead of an actual book. I think that’s a good choice.

Later Cheese Graters,

MRR

No comments:

Post a Comment