Saturday, December 4, 2010

Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson

Whew. It sure is getting close to Christmas huh? I went skiing today with my family and the snow was pretty awesome. Winter is one of the most beautiful seasons, and one of the best ones to curl up on your couch with a blanket and read a book. :)

 In a land of BioCromatic Breath and Returned Gods, two countries are on the verge of war. Suri – an Idrian princess –  is sent by her father to marry the God King, while her elder sister Vivenna sneaks into the city and finds ways to disrupt order and cause confusion among the citizens of T’Telir. Meanwhile, in the Court of God’s, Lightsong – the laziest God around – becomes interested in the new Queen, and the politics surrounding the upcoming war. Even with the help of Vivenna and her mercenaries, and the secrets Suri finds out about the God King… will they be able to stop the war against their homeland?

First things first… I LOVED THIS BOOK. It was amazing! Everything was perfect, the beautiful and creative setting, the different religions and controversy between the cultures. It was so well thought out, and it kept me hooked the whole way. As you slowly learn about the world of Hallendren, you become more and more attached to it.

The characters are the most developed ones that I’ve read about in a long time. Especially Lightsong and Vivenna, the way they change through the story and how much they learn is amazing. The whole plot is rich, and full of twists that I didn’t expect at all. I was so surprised at a certain part, and I had to take a break from reading and take a few breaths.

I think the most astounding part of this novel is the logic and creativity that were combined to make the story perfectly balanced. You can’t know what I’m talking about until you read it. GO GO GO. It’s amazing.

5 OUT OF 5

Later Cheese Graters,

MRR

No comments:

Post a Comment