Sunday, December 12, 2010

Linger by Maggie Steifvater

I’m saying screw it to any of my old rules. I’ll review whatever book I want to review, whether I’ve read the first one or not, and I’ll go at my own pace. I probably read about one book per week, but half of them I don’t feel like writing a review for so the nice system gets messed up anyway. So, here we go for LINGER.

They thought that they were fixed. In a small town called Mercy Falls, Sam and Grace slip back in to the routine of a normal life. But something is wrong. Grace is developing migraines that she’s never had before, and there is a growing feeling that something inside her is trying to break through to the surface. Meanwhile Sam is left to watch over the pack of wolves, waiting for them to shift back into their human forms. Then – Cole, a new wolf enters their lives. As all of their worlds start to fall apart, only one certain thing remains…. but will it linger?

 

Compared to the first one, which I read about two years ago… or something close to that, Linger is a little uneventful. I mean, the first one had a lot more going on, where this one was more dragged out, with less events that made you want to turn the page. It still kept me reading though, these series are interesting and I thought that adding Cole (a new character) really helped out with the plotline.

Other than the fact that there wasn’t much going on, I think that this was a great transition story from Shiver, to the next book. If there is a next one anyways… there should be! I love the writing style used in this book, and the highlight of the book was the relationship that Cole and Isabel had. I think that those were the strongest points in Stiefvater’s writing. She really captured the real of those two characters, especially when they were together. I loved it.

So, all in all, I give this one a 3.5 out of 5. 3.5

Here is her website, http://maggiestiefvater.com/novels.php#wolves I see a cover for the third one, so there you have it!

Later Cheese Graters,

MRR

No comments:

Post a Comment