Saturday, December 4, 2010

Quad by C.G. Watson

I finished this book on Sunday night, but decided to wait on the review for a bit because the next book I’m reading will probably take a little bit longer. Thin pages and tiny writing often do that to a book. Anyways, I think that the deadline thing is helping me out. I do better when put under pressure. :) Well, no more dilly dally.

People of all sorts are gathered together in one place – school. The Choir Boys, Drama Queens, Preps, Freaks, Jocks and Techies have to deal with the many things that come with high school. Each with their own problems and the potential to crack. But when a wild party goes haywire, and the wrong people get pushed around – everybody has to deal with the consequences. Now, the school is in lockdown and being terrorized by somebody whose identity is unknown. Who could it be, who was the one who finally snapped? And why do people have to be so mean?

This is sort of a messed up novel. I don’t really know what to say or think about it… I mean, it wasn’t bad but if you think about what happened in it it’s like ‘Uhm… what the hell was the point of that whole story?’ It’s not what you expect from reading the summery on my book, or even what you might get from my summery. It basically goes in between each of those cliques and events happen that lead at least one person to seem like they might ‘snap’. It’s sort of like Watson was attempting to make a mystery… but then it sort of doesn’t feel like that either.

I don’t know. It’s sort of hard to explain. If you’re looking for more of what the hell it’s about, it’s about bullying in high school, the pressures that students have to go through, and how mean people can really be. I think that it was a good idea and interestingly put together. It was an enjoyable read, so I’m neutral about it – but it was also sort of confusing and made me not know what to think of it. I don’t know…. just… read it if you want to feel what I’m feeling here.

I’ll give this one a 2.5, I think that this is Watson’s first book. http://www.cgwatson.com/

Later Cheese Graters,

MRR

No comments:

Post a Comment