Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

I think it’s been two days, and most of the time on those two days were spent reading this god damned book. It was SO good. What else can I say? I love it when I read a good book because it makes me extremely happy… but then I realize when I get on here to do a review that I have nothing to complain about and so my paragraphs to you will be short. I guess you can deal though, right?

Living in the twelfth district, which comes surely alongside a life of starvation and scarcity… the Hunger Games is not something to celebrate. Who would want to die in such a horrible way? But when Katniss’ younger sister’s name is called for one of the two participants, she volunteers to take her place. Thrust into a world of deceit and death, Katniss trains and tries to follow her mentors instructions, but will it help her claim victory in the arena? Or will she be killed and forgotten just like hundreds that have died at the mercy of the Capitol?

Wow. I loved this book so much. I was hooked on every page, I brought it with me anywhere I could take it and read it whenever I had a minute to spare. So many things have been said about this novel, and one of the main things that I heard was that anybody that read it liked it… and it’s true! It doesn’t matter what age you are, or what you’re interested in reading… this book is for everybody to enjoy. I feel sure that Collins wrote it like that purposefully, and she did a beautiful job.

One thing that really caught my attention was the time that it was set. I loved the idea that it was in the future, after people rebelled against the Government in the USA. A whole new system was created that seemed like it was back in the day because District 12 (where the two main characters are from) was the poorest district… but then you read the technology they have and this whole new wonderful world forms in your mind as you read. Even after the first chapter, you get sucked in to the adventures of Katniss and her allies.

Loved it! I give it a straight out 5 with no complaints. It’s nice to read two amazing books in a row… it should happen more often.5 Alrighty, you now the deal. Check out the website, http://www.suzannecollinsbooks.com/. This looks like it’s only her second series, PRETTY DARN GOOD IF YOU ASK ME. Time for me to sleep because I’m going to watch the Vancouver Canadians baseball game tomorrow… what a stupid name huh?

Later Cheese Graters,

MRR

No comments:

Post a Comment