Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Cirque du Freak by Darren Shan

Happy last day of August! And lucky for me I’ve been reading very short books lately, which means more fun for the both of us. Right? Anyways… I know for a while I said that I was going to do a review on The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, but I honestly don’t feel like doing seven different reviews for that whole series because everything is pretty similar in all of the books.

In other books, the heroes can go through the whole story making many horrible mistakes – but never having to face the consequences before the story came to an end. Not in this one. After Darren sneaks into an illegal freak show, he finds out secrets that will definitely come back to haunt him. Now he’s caught into something that he can’t understand or get out of, and when he puts his best friend’s life on the line he has to decide to pay up for what he has done, or risk losing somebody he cares about. But how can you pay back some thing that only accepts blood as currency?

I don’t know how many books there are in this series, I think it’s a lot. But who cares? NOT ME! This book was a spooky adventure that I couldn’t help getting pulled into. I’ve never watched the TV series that came out of this, but I can see the reason that they would make this into a show, it’s so compelling! I love the type of fiction books that try hard to convince you that these things really did happen. It just makes it all the more realistic!

This was another book that was great for any age group, and the transitions between each chapter and each book were very well done. It kept you hanging, no matter how short they were… they were jam packed with loads of exciting events. Like a well put together music festival with all the right pieces in all the right places. Haha, bad reference… I know.

This was a great read, but of course I know when something stands out. I’ll give this one a 3.53.5 You guys will have to watch the show for me, and tell me if it’s good. Here’s his website, http://www.darrenshan.com/ . Looks PRETTY freaky.

Later Cheese Graters,

MRR

No comments:

Post a Comment