Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Soulless – Christopher Golden

Aye Aye Aye. Just to let all of you guys now….I’m watching CSI New York right now, and it’s getting preeeeeetty intense – ope, here comes the touching part. Awwwww, how sad. :}    If you’re wondering why I’m going on and on about something random like CSI New York…. well, it’s because this book WAS TERRIBLE. (Sorry to flame and cause havoc) But I couldn’t even get halfway through the book – it was that boring.

Okay, I know it’s summery time….but I just can’t. There are too many characters that all live in different cities – and most don’t even know the other characters or have any relationships with others. Of course – I didn’t finish the whole book, so I don’t know if everything is tied together at the end, but WOW.

Okay, that didn’t really explain the book/. XD       But, it is about zombies. Zombies that are being driven by dead people’s spirits…..but not their souls – thus the title Soulless. It starts out with a major séance that makes all dead rise (especially in the New York area) and basically go nuts at people because they are ‘empty’ ; lacking souls.

I don’t even know what else to say…… the writing style is just bleh, and overall, I just found it extremely boring. I guess if your a total zombie supporter, you won’t find it that bad. (I did borrow this book from my zombie loving friend) Kind of the opposite of most books….which sometimes start out slow and get better – this one seems to be more interesting at the beginning, because your not used to it…..and then it just get’s worse and worse and I just started looking at it on my shelf and feeling this dread.

WARNING, if you ever feel that dread after reading half of a book; then don’t bother reading the rest, just move on to the next book. I apologize for the shortness of this review, but I am sorta busy lately…..and I just wanted to get this book up here before I returned it my friend.

I give it a 1 out of 5…. (for the…idea?) 1 Star Rating

La la la. Chow for Now,

MRR

3 comments:

  1. I loved Soulless! I loved how the stories connected, and how the characters had backstory and importance, instead of it just being a slasher-type of horror story. To each his or her own, though - I always respect that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it seemed to be a hit and miss sort of story. People either really disliked it or thought it was wonderful. Glad that you were able to enjoy it, I apologize for the whole post sounding like a complaint. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope you'll give Christopher another chance -- that you'll pick up another of his books and see what you think! :)

    ReplyDelete