Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Dangerous Days of Daniel X by James Patterson

Ahhhh, how I love James Patterson. I suggest that you all go and read one of his books..RIGHT NOW. He really is an amazing writer, and he writes for all different age groups. Anyways, I really liked this book, even though it was quite short. But that’s okay because I’m sure there is at least seven other books that come after this one.

 Daniel’s parents were brutally murdered when he was three by a cruel alien, end ever since he has vowed to hunt it down and kill it – along with many other aliens on his parents list.

When he meets up with Number 6, an alien named Ergent Seth, Daniel underestimates the alien’s powers and get’s kidnapped and taken away from the beloved planet earth – back to a mysterious planet that that used to beautiful but that was now almost destroyed.

After learning that this planet was where he was born, and the people that were being attacked could be his cousins and aunties, Daniel has to figure out away to defeat the dreadful Seth, and preserve this strange planet, as well as planet Earth.

This is another book that was a really made for a younger age group, even if the main character is 15, the thoughts of him are very….childish. And it was very quick paced, and didn’t dwell any concepts that you may consider vital in the story….but that is just the authors style and I think that it suited this novel.

It wasn’t that this book wasn’t interesting, because it was an interesting plot line and a fine idea. I don’t know how many other book are in this series, but I hope that they maybe he puts a little more effort into his this story, It just seems poorly thought out and sort of rushed, but again, I don’t know what point in his career he wrote this….just saying though.

It might be hard for people to relate the the main character, because he doesn’t show his feelings very well, even though it’s in first person…..and most people’s parents haven’t died. (But I guess that’s not a valid point.)

I don’t really know what else to day about this book, it’s another one that I could read pretty easily but I have neutral feelings for it. Sooooo, 3 ….hmmmm not 2.5. NO 3. :D

3 Star Rating

That is all!

Chow for now,

MRR

No comments:

Post a Comment