Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

Good evening for anybody in Pacific Western Time, and greetings to anybody else. This novel was recommended to me by my friend Antony. I haven’t seen the movie, and I’m glad because seeing as the book was pretty amazing, the movie probably sucks compared. Anyway, no paragraph for this book its just something you have to READ.

FightClubBook

“You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.”
Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

The first thing I noticed when I opened this treasure chest of a book up was the writing style. Palahniuk uses plenty of repetitive writing throughout Fight Club’s entirety. The way he phrases everything really lets you absorb what’s happening, as well as capture your attention from the first chapter. As you go through the beginning there several parts that are hard to understand because you don’t know the full story, but the repetitive writing keeps you focused and wanting more.

Next thing that made this book unique was how the author wove the story together. As a reader, you are thrown into random settings which keep you guessing but still wanting more. I was dragged through this book by the continuous thread of dark poetry. Unlike anything I’ve ever read really.

So there you have it folks, add this to your to read list. It’s a classic. 5 OUT OF 5.

THATS RIGHT.

BE PREPARED.

FULL MARKS FOR THIS GUY.

Aaaaaaaaaand next week on insubstantial we have Mr. Todd Strasser and “Blood On My Hands”  Never heard of it? Yeah neither have I.

MRR – out.

No comments:

Post a Comment