Sunday, April 21, 2013

Blood On My Hands by Todd Strasser

Another couple days gone in the life of Megan the book review writer. It always surprises me how much I read every time I get back to writing one of these for you guys. Whatever, you know what the young people say these days ‘YOLO’

bloodonmyhands

All it takes is one second. One stupid move. One click of a cell phone. When Callie Carson discovers ice queen Katherine Remington-Day sprawled on the ground one night, she bends down to help her. It's only natural-the party's been a bit wild, after all. And it's only natural for her to pull out the fake knife she discovers, irritated at one more example of Katherine's callous disregard of  other people's feelings. But the knife is real . . . and bloody. And then Callie hears the click of one cell phone, followed by another, and another. In minutes, images of her holding the bloody knife have gone viral. Now wanted for murder, Callie is on the run from the police. All the evidence points to her guilt, but she's determined to prove her innocence, which would mean . . . the real killer is still out there.

Seeing as I’m a strong believer that you can never tell how good a books is by its cover, I chose Blood On My Hands randomly from my school library. Its easy to say though that this was not the most brilliant book I’ve read. It’s slightly boring actually with all of the teenage drama and the bitchy girls. I didn’t find anything particularly surprising or grabbing about this book. The genre is mystery and its about a murder so I expected a little more suspense.

The main character Callie is great at running away from the police, everything pretty much goes her way even at the end. I don’t know, maybe I’m grumpy maybe I’m not but say this book was special: I cannot.

A great big 2 OUT OF 5. As it its still a book with a storyline but by just a bit. :D Just kidding! Not really.

MRR – out.

No comments:

Post a Comment