Monday, January 14, 2013

House of Dark Shadows by Robert Liparulo

Oh hey, its hasn’t been too long! Surprised that I finished another book so fast with how busy I am lately. Work, softball, school, graduating, writing, art and having a social life is a challenge I must say. I have no idea what I’m getting myself into starting up this blog again! (But tis for your enjoyment)

Book01_houseofdarkshadows_hires

Much to his disappointment, Xander’s family moves away from his city – leaving all his girlfriend and friends behind – to a small town called Pinedale. There he and his family come across an old Victorian house in the woods. His family instantly falls in love, but Xander has a weird feeling about the place. Suspicious footprints are in the house, sounds come from the wrong direction, and the house has a gruesome history making sure nobody had lived there for over 30 or 40 years. Soon he and his family are caught up in the house’s dark magic, but then again Xander did always admire adventure.

 

Very interesting book, and not at all what I was expecting when I was first checking it out. I like the combination of genres that happens in this book, there is the horror part of it and then Liparulo mixed in some fantasy as well.

Another part I liked about this book was how it featured the two brothers, they were accomplices and very close which was fun to read about, especially because it was so realistic! I would treat my sister the same as he had in their situations haha.

The twist at the end was good, I didn’t quite expect it and I usually can predict things like that in books, with this one I only HALF did. I also like how it kept you wondering so much at the end of the book. There was so much unexplained, they only scratched the surface of the story and the mysteries of the house leaving you wanting more.

Seriously what the fuck is going on at this house, I really have no idea. I’ll give this one a 3.5 OUT OF 4. And yeah I’m stopping with the pictures of the ratings, I think they got deleted a long time ago.

Next book is thicker and longer, so who knows how long I’ll be. Chow!

MRR

No comments:

Post a Comment