Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr

Hey guys, so there won’t be another review for a while because I’m reading the seventh Harry Potter book and I don’t like reviewing Harry Potter books because I can’t find anything wrong with them :P . So yeah. I’m still busy as fuck because of softball, I have a tournament every other week so it’s kind of hard. And finals are coming up. I don’t appreciate that because I know I’m not ready. I got 3/20 on my French test today and 65% on my science one. Yay I’m doing so well in my life.

9780061214684

 With the new Summer King and Queen, Leslie notices some changes in the way Aislinn has been behaving. But Leslie is closer to the faery world then she’ll ever know… until she decides to get a tattoo. A tattoo that will change her life forever. With the Dark Court losing it’s power thanks to the seasonal rulers, the Dark King – Irial – is looking for anyway to make sure that his fey are fed and safe… and Leslie is the perfect way to do that without starting war. She just wants there to be no more pain, no more worry, no more fear – and just to forget. Forget, forgive, and most importantly, survive.

 

I have to say, I didn’t have any trouble at all getting into this book. I don’t remember what I rated the first one, but there were parts of this book that actually made me like it better than Wicked Lovely. I really liked how more of the Dark Court was showed. I think that the way their court worked was a lot more interesting than it just revolving around the two seasonal ones.

The parts where Leslie had completed her ink exchange and was tied to Irial were kind of boring though. I mean, I think they were necessary to write but on my part it was kind of boring to read. All she did was black out and cling to Irial and black out again. And the parts where she couldn’t feel anything were just overwritten, I mean… I got it after the first couple times!!!

Overall though, I thought that this was an interesting book to read. I liked how the main character changed from the first one but it was still all in the same setting with the same people. That made it more fun because you knew a background story before you even started the book.

I’ll give Ink Exchange a 3.5  out of 5 3.5

An enjoyable book! I think the series is just going to go from here… isn’t there about 5 books out now? I have some catching up to do! http://www.melissa-marr.com/

Later Cheese Graters,

MRR

No comments:

Post a Comment