Sunday, July 4, 2010

Evernight by Claudia Gray

Hello, nice to see you all again so soon. PFT. I think that being a bookworm has it’s advantages most of the time….but seriously. I need to get off of my ass some time soon before I turn in to a whale! Sports are over, as is school…so I barely need to walk anymore except to get food! Since my last review, I’ve already finished the second Harry Potter book, and this one as well. Maybe I need to get out more and go play paintball or something.

Never before had Bianca questioned how she grew up, and the simple little things that her parents had drilled in to her head – some a simple as just remember to brush her teeth. But she had never truly understood them either, until she ends up at a strange and isolated boarding school called Evernight, where Bianca’s world takes a terrible turn. Struggling to fit in with the strangely alike students at the school, while trying to keep her relationship with an even more mysterious Lucas. Bianca will learn the truth about Evernight Academy, the students that attend it and most importantly – her confusing past where the obvious answers have been right under her nose from the start/

When I read the first couple chapters, I thought that this was going to be another book that was meant for children, because the writing style is so simple and so unadvanced that I couldn’t help but think – well this is going to be pretty darn boring. However, after you read more everything is some what laid out so that you some what understand what is going on. Of course, there is always that some what in there, so let’s cut to the chase. You’re going to be reading half of this book confused added with a little feeling of doubt. I don’t know if the author intended it to be that way…but the thing is that seems to be meant as a nice smooth transition between things turns out to be choppy. Basically, you’ll be reading along (laa lee laa lee laa) and then all of a sudden you have to go back and read again because you found yourself thinking. ‘Huh?’

It may seem that this story is going to be short, but some how it seemed so much longer, and I haven’t decided whether not that’s a good thing or a bad thing. Several times while reading I closed the book and sighed, because I just wanted a break, then did a circle around my house, and then picked it back up again. If you think about what happens in the story, it’s a really interesting plot line and the events that happen really do match up well in the end….but the the writing style is BORING. Very very uninteresting, to say the least.

I do know a good story when I see one, with good parts and bad parts, I give 2.5this book a 2.5 halfway mark.

Here is Gray’s website, I believe there are two other books in the series after this one. http://www.claudiagray.com/

Now, one more thing before I wrap this up. I know that I have one follower, and one comment from some body that I don’t know personally..but I still feel the need to confide in my….readers? When I first started this blog, I just wanted to make it simple and easy to read, easy to follow. But Blogspot has come out with these new designs that look pretty darn cool. Should I change the design to something more fancy, or is it better simple? In the end, I know that I’ll do whatever I feel like doing but still, being polite is the way to go you know, ;)

Chow Mr. Cow,

MRR

No comments:

Post a Comment